The shadow of death returns to the Valley: http://www.thehindu.com/thread/politics-and-policy/shujaat-bukhari-killed-the-shadow-of-death-returns-to-the-valley/article24220558.ece
Coalition of the two was never meant to coalesce into the credible marriage. One was willing to wait before breaking ties and other had its compulsion for pulling out of the marriage. Both feedoff the denominational divide,but neither Party’s campaign rhetoric appleaed the other’s support base,just waiting for the moment of opportune for separation.
Divorce of the two was foretold or anticipated from the beginning because their marriage was criticized or questioned by many signelled that it was no longer sustainable. The pulling out of the marriage did not go down well in rank and file,which were feeling that one was getting the better from the bargain.
The difference over the cessation or termination of operation was a fresh opportune. One was considering it as a platform or launch pad to talk to separatists about political solution and the other saw it as a respite from stone pelting. As separatists were showing no inclination to talk it was think of futile.
Now, there is a remote possibility that the two come together to remarry ,but if, it could be frought with lot of risks for both. 2014 verdict was a fractured mandate reflecting the fragmented polity of state torn assunder by grave violence,but it is the only way to test the people’s will in the roiled state.
This runoff has thrown up a right- wing and a politically novice candidate beating an erstwhile insurgent.this victory will help him to further consolidate his gain in the Congress leaving his centrist forces weakened. This partly explains his program of economic orthodoxy that created a conducive climate for investment.
A protege of former conservative will count on backing from his mentor. However being actively oppossed and sceptical of the peace agreement ,the veteran politician could exert undue influence.
The grant of amenisty to extremists have proved contentious, but might be disposed to adapt a moderate stance.
Given the steady marginalisation of centrist forces, outcome of the runoff was not surprised. Quiting the presidential race in last campaign was a setback to plank of peace process, illustrating the tenuous or insignificant nature of peace accord as mechanisms to advance it are not in place.
A return of civil peace after a protracted conflict is a painstaking process that calls for moral and political stance. The legacy of the outgoing person is the courage he mustered to clinch the controversial peace accord with perpetrators of worst brutalities.
A new man has to move advance to make their peoples’ dream an enduring or long-lasting reality.
This run-in and confrontation over the discretionary power, that led a big political spectacle, puts everyone at risk.
Mounting and precipitating the scene, the overbearing centre come across to kill him.
Mocking and handcuffing a person over the underlying causes does not curtail the crisis.
1) Indian constitution :historical underpinnings, evolution, features, amendments,significant events and basic structure.
2) Functions and Responsibilities of the union and the state;issues and challenges pertaining to federal structure;devolution of powers and finances up-to local level and challenges therin.
3) separation of powers between various organs and dispute redresal mechanisms and institutions.
4) comparison of Indian constitutional scheme with that of other countries.
5) Parliament and state legislatures :structure, functions, conduct of business, powers and privileges and issues arising out of these.
6) Structure, organisation and functions of the executive and the judiciary; Ministries and departments of government, pressure groups, formal and informal associations,and their role in polity.
7) Salient features of Representation of people’s Act.
8) Appointment to various constitutional posts ; powers, functions and responsibilities of various constitutional bodies.
9) Statutory, regulatory and various quasi judicial bodies.
10) Government services and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
11) Development process and development industry; role of NGOs, SHGs, various groups and associations, charities, donors, institutional and other stakeholders.
12) Welfare schemes for the development of vulnerable section of population by the centre and states and performance of these schemes; Mechanisms, laws, institutions and bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable people.
13) Issues relating to development and management of social sector/services relating to Health, Education and Human Resource.
14) Issues of poverty and hunger.
15) Important aspects of governance :transparency and accountability; e-governance :applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential; citizens charter’s:transparency and accountability,institutional and other measures.
16) Role of civil service in democracy
17) India and its neighborhood relations
18) Bilateral, regional, and international grouping and agreements involving India or/and affecting India’s interest.
19) Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India’s interest,indian diaspora.
20) Important international institutions, agencies and fora: their structure and mandate.
Thanks for joining me!
Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter. — Izaak Walton